How To Remove Tea & Coffee Stains From Carpet
Us Brits love a good cuppa. But what to do when we spill tea or coffee on a lovely beige carpet? Here is our tip for such an emergency.
First steps: Absorb Tea & Coffee Stains
- Blot up surplus spillage. Never scrub into the carpet. This will simply spread the stain and make it lie deeper within your carpets. Work from the outer edge of the stain inwards
- Apply Detergent Vinegar Solution to your cloth, and sponge using a little of the solution at a time. Make sure to blot frequently with a dry white cloth
Final Rinse Procedure to remove tea & coffee stains
This is the recommended rinse procedure to follow for all stain removal
- Mix one-part white vinegar to four-parts water
- Pour mixture into a spray bottle and spray over the stained area
- Blot dampened area to remove excess moisture
- Spread white kitchen towel (stacked 6-8 sheets deep) or absorbent cloth over the affected area and place a weight, such as a heavy book, on top
- Leave overnight and repeat if necessary
Check out our blog article for more helpful tips and advice on removing carpet and upholstery stains.
Carpet stains? Give us a call!
0116 298 7082