Secrets of Cleaning Marble Floors Tiles & Worktops
Marble worktops, floors and even walls look fabulous when they are in the showroom or newly installed. The light reflecting finish adds elegance and style to any kitchen or bathroom.
But over time it slowly dims and then you realise that it has lost that beautiful lustre and the tiles look dull, flat and lifeless, showing up every scratch and mark and no matter how much you clean them, they somehow still look dirty. That is because Granite and marble are porous and if spills are not wiped up straight away, they will soak in and cause stains to appear.
Don’t worry, marble can easily be restored to its showroom glory in two different ways. The first way is to do it yourself using the following method and the second way is to call us in, because we have the perfect chemical and machine to do it all for you inside an hour or two.
DIY method to remove stains on Marble:
- Mix 500ml water, 125ml distilled vinegar 1tsp castile soap, 60ml hydrogen peroxide and 20 drops each of tea tree oil and lemon essential oil in a large spray bottle
- Make this poultice to draw out any stains. Mix bicarbonate of soda and water into a thick paste. Blot the stain with a clean cloth to remove any excess liquid, then spray the stain with water.
- Cover the stain completely with the poultice and cover it with cling film. Leave for 24 hours.
- Then remove the poultice and wipe clean with mild soap and water. if the stain has not gone completely, just do it again for another 24 hours, to remove the last stubborn marks.
- Then keep it polished to make sure that it is sealed and protected from stains. A micro-fibre cloth will give you that beautiful showroom shine.
Complete Marble Floor Restoration
To restore a complete floor, bathroom walls and worktops, just lift the phone and call us today for a no obligation site visit and free quotation
Tel: 01162 987 082 or 01509 412 797